page contents Poetry With Pic: The purple rain

Saturday 31 August 2013

The purple rain

The purple rain

The purple cloud of the dress
Somehow did not make me feel so royal
I want to be your queen for rest of god's given life
But you my king still on the quest somewhere

Crusading for the justice
Saving poor and frail ones
You went so far away to end of world
It might take sometime to reach your faithful Penelope

I am waiting ,scanning sky for signs
Asking the clouds if they swam above you
The reply is muted , nodding only slightly
Vainly moving on ,oblivious to me and all that under

Hey don't be so arrogant and take my love to him
Unplug the heavens with a purple rain
Tell him is time to stop to be a hero and comeback
The queen is getting anxious

by Margaret Gudkov
art by Mark Shasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook Comments