page contents Poetry With Pic: Dream of Genie

Saturday 2 November 2013

Dream of Genie

Dream of Genie

Weird things can happen in the dreams
What does not fly would soar to the clouds
The animals would start to talk and give advice
The walking trees would hunt you down
Ants become a giants , sending wolves on run

I had dream right from Arabian nights
Old,antiquated lamp was laying on the ground
Woman would never miss a chance to pick it up
Something that shinning brightly on the sun
I tried to clean the dusty cover ,it clicked
The balding Genie came and asked
Who and why disturbed peaceful slumber

I shook from freight responding in the trembling voice
He said don't be afraid ,I'll grant you wishes,three of them
Now tell me what you want,hesitating not
I stepped forward bravely remarked
I want a man who'd treat me like a queen
Love that last a lifetime and if you can
Make me 20 years younger
I made him laugh ,he said ok
I fell from bed this very moment,
Losing the dream in slumber realm

by Margaret Gudkov
art by Jeff Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook Comments