page contents Poetry With Pic: Wedding dress

Friday 9 August 2013

Wedding dress




Wedding dress

Sorting out things in trunk
I accidentally founded old wedding dress
Not glamorous or anything of kind
Just simple lace with few pearly buttons

So many memories flew through in instant
I was in love ,dancing cheek to cheek
The eyes only for you, shining with inner light
Not noticing the crowd cheering,asking for the kiss

The time passed,plowing our lives in pieces
We were unable reunite in the whole puzzle
Over those days when you truly loved me
Or did you really ever?maybe just possessed

I wish i knew then what I know now
That disrespect don't buy you love
I was loyal yet you accused me often in infidelity
Blaming the past ,while doing trysts on side

I look at the white laced dress
Symbol of purity and grace
The promise of the "happily ever after"
The cause held pledge of Love,the effect went sideways

Last glance and it disappeared in the darkness of the trunk
Back where it belongs.......the past

by Margaret Gudkov
art by Rosamond L. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook Comments