page contents Poetry With Pic: Amor eterno First day we met You promised eternal love

Friday 9 August 2013

Amor eterno First day we met You promised eternal love



Amor eterno

First day we met
You promised eternal love
Voicing what eyes expressed at the moment
The sex drive burned deep inside

You said "I'll love you even when you
Hundred years old ,wrinkled like the grape on sun"
You said"I want a child, the boy or girl no matter
I never had one "...your wish came right on target

The love till the death do us part
Grew into the cruel game of wits
The cancer eating all the good what was in the inception
Leaving only venom and the prejudice

We all inclined to believe
While wearing lover's glasses
I was no exception enamored with the good looks
Imagined myself the old woman in the rocking chair
While you sat beside me ,the head laid down on my knees
"Amor eterno" emptied my heart to the complete disaster
And now trying come to terms ,intoning peaceful Gregorian chants

by Margaret Gudkov
art by Matthew Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook Comments